Main page Consultation Contribution Forum Sign-in

Forum index >> Collaborative identification >>

Allamanda schottii Pohl

Page : 1ReplyNew topic

Allamanda schottii Pohl
Allamanda is one of the common ornamental plants that beautify the gardens or parks or road side. The species that most known is Allamanda cathartica. In the beginning of this month, I found another species which equally beautiful. It is Allamanda schottii Pohl. The two has some differences on leaves and flower characters. Allamanda cathartica has bigger flower, leaves are thicker and the venation is not that visible. In contract to Allamnda schottii, the flower is obviously smaller and the leave venation is prominent.

At the first glance I was sure that this plant is Allamnda cathartica. I tried to rationalize that the fruiting is only happened when it is planted on highland region. I found this plant at Arse village. A small village on Sipirok highland at Regency of Tapanuli Selatan. Yes, the fruit is the part of the plant that attract my eyes. The fruit skin is spiky in the size of Rambutan. Indeed, someone will be easily mistaken the dried fruit with the dried Rambutan. When I observed further the characters of flower and leaves, I am certain that it should be another Allamanda species.

Flower of Allamanda cathartica

Habit of Allamanda schottii

Fruit of Allamanda schottii

Page : 1ReplyNew topic

Pericopsis.org 2014 |Contact Webmestre