Main page Consultation Contribution Forum Sign-in

Forum index >> Collaborative identification >>

Artocarpus rigidus Blume

Page : 1ReplyNew topic

Artocarpus rigidus Blume
Artocarpus rigidus Blume is locally called as Buruni,Cempunik , Dadah, Keledang, Pujan, or Purian fruit and grows within Southeast Asia. As commonly Artocarpus species, the fruit has latex. When it was ripe the latex is a lot diminished and colorless. The ripe fruits has mild odor, sweet-sour taste and the color is either yellow or orange.

The ripe fruit of Artocarpus rigidus Blume.

I saw the tree for the first time at Sungai Yu where the Batek people live. When I asked the Tok Batin about the fruit, he told me that the ripe fruit is edible and nice to eat and like a lot by the Batek people. By counting the number of standing trees, I understood his confirmation.

Heavily fruiting of Artocarpus rigidus tree.

Yesterday, I visited Taman Botani Negara Shah Alam. There are two big trees of Artocarpus rigidus in front of the office, the two are fruiting heavily, and in stage of ripening season. Some ripe fruits are already on the soil. I was curious to taste but Jean asked not to. I told him that the Tok Batin explained me how the fruit being liked by his people. I tried it carefully as it is the first time to do so. I bite a bit. The sour taste invaded quite strong. If the Batek like the fruit so much, the fruit should be something pleasant to eat. I tried once again by put the whole fruit in my mouth. Yes… This is the correct way to enjoy the fruit.

The first taste of Cempunik fruit.

Page : 1ReplyNew topic

Pericopsis.org 2014 |Contact Webmestre